Check out my awesome cooking videos on Ehow.com. I hope you enjoy them!!
Macaroni & Cheese Dinner With Hamburger Meat
I cup of macaroni (elbow)
½ cup of diced tomatoes
1 lbs of ground beef
1 small onion chopped
½ teaspoon of each salt, pepper, garlic powder
To make cheese sauce
2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of milk
In a large pot boil 2-3 quarts of water with a tablespoon of salt. Boil the pasta according to package directions, when aldente, drain.
Meanwhile In a large pan, start-browning beef, add chopped onion and tomato, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until no longer pink and add the pasta to the meat.
Cheese sauce: In another saucepan, heat butter and milk, when heating up add the milk and stir until well combined and cheese is melted, add the cheese sauce to the meat and pasta, mix well and serve.
This is a great and super easy recipe to make when your in a pinch. Kids have fun making this as well… So enjoy!
So I had to share this recipe because every time I ask my husband if he could buy a loaf of whole grain bread or whole wheat he always puts the stinky face… He thinks anything that is healthy is gross… I swear it’s like dealing with one of my kids sometimes 🙂
So I woke up last Sunday and wanted to make something fun to eat so I wanted pancakes and I know if I told my husband it was whole wheat he would have acted like he wasn’t hungry and thus the stinky face
So I replaced the sugar with agave, the white flour with whole wheat and added the blueberries and little chocolate chips, although my recipe will allow for 3/4 of a cup, I only put in about 1/2 cup. Can I tell you they didn’t leave one crumb on the plate. Even my husband.
So I hope you enjoy the recipe and share it with your “stinky face” family members.
Prep time: about 20 minutes
1 ½ whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. agave
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cup milk
3/4 cup of chocolate chips
½ cup blueberries frozen or fresh
Extra butter for the pan
· In a large bowl, mix together the flour, agave, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set the bowl aside.
· Melt the margarine in a small saucepan or microwave.
· Crack the eggs into a medium-size bowl, and then add the milk, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk until everything is well mixed.
· Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk again until both mixtures are blended together.
· Now mix in the chocolate chips and blueberries.
· Put extra butter in the saucepan to cook your pancakes, it is hot enough when the butter starts to bubble.
· Use a ladle to pour the batter into the pan or pancake shapers, make sure to catch some chocolate chips and blueberries in the batter.
· Use a spatula to see when your pancakes are light brown on the bottom. When they are, flip them over with the spatula. Cook for another few minutes until the pancakes are light brown on the other side. Serve and Enjoy!
You need to try this recipe I made, YUM!
I wanted to try something new at home. My husband loves soup and I know he loves creamy soups so I went to the store and brought whatever ingredients inspired me to cook that day. I saw the leeks and they looked so nice, I love leeks. You just have to remember that because they grow in sand they get lots of sand in between the leaves. Just cut off the bottom where the white starts to turn green, then cut the root end and slice them into thin rings, put them into a bowl of cool water and loosen the rings in the water. “Swoosh” them around the water a bit so the sand can come off them and drop to the bottom, let the water settle down. DO NOT DUMP THEM IN THE STRAINER! Scoop the leeks up carefully from the water without picking up the sand from the bottom.
OK enough about leeks, I do use chicken stock and bacon for topping but you can easily change it to vegetable stock, if you prefer to go vegetarian. You can also not use the cream at the end it will still be creamy enough…. I just wanted to go all out for my recipe.
I really hope you enjoy it! Please let me know what you think and if you have anything you did to improve the recipe…
2 quarts water for boiling potatoes
6-8 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
6 cups chicken broth
1-cup butter (2sticks)
2 leeks, sliced thinly and washed
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1-cup all-purpose flour
1 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups cheddar or any cheese of choice
6 strips of bacon cook crispy and chop into bits
1/4 green onion
1. In 2 quarts of water add, peeled, ½” diced Potatoes and boil until fork tender 10 min or so, drain; save till later.
2. In another pot add broth simmer low-med heat
3. In soup pot melt 2 sticks butter, add leeks, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and cook until tender.
4. When tender add 1-cup flour and mix together and cook for 3-4 minutes to remove flour taste and there are no lumps.
5. Now slowly whisk in hot broth to flour veg mixture to prevent lumps from forming. Cook for 10-15 minutes, mixture will be getting thick at this point
6. Add the 1 cup of heavy cream slowly to soup mixture.
7. Add potatoes; simmer for 10 mins and serve.
8. Garnish with. Bacon, shredded cheese and green onions and enjoy.
Summer Camp us already filling up! sign up because space is limited..
Please register ASAP! This cooking camp gets full very quickly! No kidding.
The Month of JULY and mid August!!!
This year, Cooking classes will include ingredients for all menus, cooking tools, an apron and chef hat for each Summer culinary student!
We give the students a true culinary school experience.
Menu’s are all new and created to expand the pallet and creativity of your up and coming chefs!
Culinary Camp Only $300 a session
Dates for each session are Monday thru Thursday:
Class is in session from 9am-1pm
View original post 114 more words
I had such a great time with my daughter and my nephew making pizza’s and Sausage Stromboli. I didn’t want to spend the money on pizza delivery so we went to rent a movie at the redbox and we made our own pizza and of course we added bacon. To tell you the truth it tasted much better to.
I have enclosed the pictures and the recipes for you to enjoy! Have fun and good eating!
Dough= 3 cups all-purpose flour, ¼ cup of dried milk powder, 1 envelope fast-rising dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons), 2 teaspoons sugar,1 teaspoon salt,1 cup very warm water (115 degrees), 2 tablespoons olive oil
Method; Mix flour, milk powder, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl. Stir in very warm water and olive oil until dough forms. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 10 minutes.
Cover; let rest 20-30 minutes in a warm area. After it’s grown, punch it down and wait another 15-20 minutes. Then from into the pizza shape you would like.
Method; Tomato Sauce: Combine tomato sauce, garlic and Italian seasoning in small bowl. Shred Cheeses, chop veggies, Etc
Ingredients: 1 Pizza dough, 1 tablespoons olive oil, 1-pound mild Italian sausage, remove from the casings, 1 cup diced yellow onions, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, 2 cups shredded mozzarella, 1 egg plus 2 teaspoons water, beaten together
Flour a surface. Roll the dough into a 10” by 12” rectangle. Spread the cooled sausage mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
Place the bread, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet and brush the top of the bread with the remaining egg wash.
Bake the sausage bread for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow bread to stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. To serve, slice the bread into 1-inch pieces and serve warm.